Athena integrates the pneumatic tube system
The answer to the needs of the hospital pharmacy
At the 22nd Congress of EAHP, March 22nd – 24th, Sinteco will exhibit the integrated solution between Athena, the unit dose management system, and the pneumatic tube system (www.sumetzberger.at). This solution, dedicated to the pharmacy hospital, allows:
- Packaging of medications into unit dose;
- The collection and storage of the unit dose;
- The preparation and dispensing of personalized therapies;
- Transport and delivery of therapies to the patients.
The aim of the pharmaceutical automated process is to create a quality management system from the analysis to the assistance, based on the following parameters:
- Cost reduction - through efficient inventory management, mitigation of risks, and the reduction of losses due to drugs being damaged, or expired;
- Logistics optimization - best processes for the separation of doses and the preparation of therapies; this simplifies management procedures such as the return of non-administered drugs;
- Total traceability - respect and compliance of best practices and guarantee of the delivery of the prescribed drug in the right dose, at the right time, and to the right patient;
- Improving care – provides more time dedicated to patient care by hospital staff.
The Athena system is 100% integrated with the operating system of the hospital and provides a useful tool for monitoring of medications, management of returns, and reduces medication errors. The pneumatic tube addition allows the system to perform more quickly; indeed, the medications are transported and delivered safely and in real time, close to the patient, (in the ward) eliminating wait times.
Athena is the concrete support for the pharmacy staff.
Learn more: the unit dose management system
EAHP is the largest congress in Europe for hospital pharmacy and it is visited by pharmacists from all over the world. This event offers an exceptional opportunity to meet, network, and share, keeping the public up to date with the latest developments in hospital pharmacy.
The scientific program of the 22nd Congress of the EAHP will revolve around the theme of "Hospital pharmacists – catalysts for change" about the challenges raised by rapid technological changes in healthcare. The theme of hospital pharmacists as catalysts of change builds on the association's continuing drive to position the hospital pharmacist as a leader of improvement in the hospital system. However, to fulfil that role, hospital pharmacists need to have both keen insights into the trends that are shaping future healthcare, as well as awareness of the latest best practices from Europe and across the globe.
Learn more: www.eahp.eu
Come see our solutions for the hospital field!
We look forward to meeting you at our STAND 11- HALL RIVIERA, Palais des Festivals et des Congrès, Cannes (France)
Your best solution for hospital automation!